Because of Covid-19 health guidelines, in person docent-led tours are not available at this time.
Virtual docent-led tours are available by completing the form below or emailing email@example.com. Utilizing thought-provoking questions, the docents provide a well-informed, thoughtful and often playful, introduction to contemporary art. Whether a school group, civic group or like-minded friends, the CAC would love to introduce you to the work of the most exciting artists of our time.
Private, virtual docent-led tours are available by completing the form below or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Self-guided groups of 10 or fewer will be allowed. Please see: for timed tickets.
* Please be sure to share all guidelines and procedures with any chaperones that will be attending. There must be a chaperone for every 5 students under the age of 18.
* Upon arrival please check in with a Visitor Experience staff member at the front desk. Tell them the number of students and adults in your group.
* No backpacks, coats or lunches are permitted in the galleries, but personal belongings may be stored in the large bins or lockers we have available. Instructors may keep any emergency bags and purses with them.
* Currently photography is permitted in all areas of the museum. The CAC encourages you to post photos to various social media sites using @CincyCAC and #CincyCAC.
* Pens are not permitted in the gallery spaces. Pencils are available for use at the front desk.
* Walk throughout all galleries - no running, climbing, or roughhousing. If visiting with students under 18 please provide guidance and supervision.
Until further notice, the CAC@21C tour is canceled.
In person tours of the Contemporary Arts Center are not available to school groups at this time. However, virtual tours moderated by a docent are available. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Trained docents guide interactive tours of CAC exhibitions for school groups. Utilizing thought-provoking questions, connections to art, science, social studies, math and music curricula, the docents provide a playful, multi-sensory introduction to contemporary art. Some themes include the senses, recycling, prediction, problem-solving, personification, contemporary technology, and teamwork.
The UnMuseum® is the interactive gallery and learning space on the 6th floor of the CAC.The UnMuseum is currently closed to the public due to COVID-19 health guidelines.
Tours can focus on specific exhibitions or architecture, or a general overview of the building and exhibitions.
This program invites local, regional and future teachers to learn more about the connections that can be made between contemporary art and traditional curriculum. During each workshopyou will explore the exhibitions with our Education staff, participate in hands-on activities and take homelesson plans and other tools for classroom use. This popular program is great for networking and teacher training, development and continuing education as participants can earn CEUs.
All Educator Workshops for 2020-2021 will be offered virtually.
Click here for more details.
The CAC School Outreach Program
All sessions for the CAC School Outreach Program will be offered virtually for the 2020-2021 school year.
The CAC School Outreach Program provides an intensive multi-layered experience with contemporary art for students in second grade through twelfth grade. Beginning in September and ending in May, the year-long program comprises an in-school orientation, two guided visits to CAC exhibitions, an exhibition related classroom project taught by a local artist, and a visit to an artist’s studio in the spring. Schools also have the option to include a Performance in the Classroom session in lieu of the artist classroom or studio visit.
Docents for the CAC School Outreach Program work with the same class throughout the year, ensuring continuity and promoting student rapport. Some docents have worked with the same schools and teachers for many years running. The docent works directly with the teacher to schedule the year’s visits.
Thank you for your interest in a CAC Group Tour! Please fill out and submit this form in its entirety. Tours must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance. Upon receipt of your request, you will be contacted with available tour times, payment information, and visitor guidelines. Tour requests do not guarantee tours on selected dates. Although the CAC is closed on Monday and Tuesday, virtual tours can be scheduled any day of the week.