The Contemporary Arts Center (CAC) made history for its groundbreaking design. Our renowned style becomes an inspiring location for your most important moments—a wedding, a party, or even corporate event. Make iconic memories in our historic building. Contact us at 513-345-8415 or via email to learn how we can bring your event to life!
Located on the liveliest corner in the heart of downtown Cincinnati, within easy walking distance of hotels and other attractions, the CAC offers an exciting modern venue for any type of event. No matter which of our dramatic spaces you choose, you and your guests will be immersed in the spirit of our cutting-edge art within an architectural landmark.
At CAC, we offer you:
- Wall-to-wall windows in our main reception space, Kaplan Hall Lobby, with a variety of creative layouts to match the spirit of your event
- Private rooms for wedding couples to prepare for the ceremony and reception
- A versatile Black Box space that transforms into a private dance floor with multi-colored lighted columns, or a sleek and intimate performance or presentation venue—always with an adjacent Lower Level Lounge where guests can mingle
- A professional Board Room & Urban Terrace looking out on 6th and Walnut, perfect for a board retreat or breakout session.
- A colorful and flexible Creativity Center with incredible views of the city, available for parties, workshops, or conferences
he distinctive expanse of our main lobby, known as Dr. Stanley & Mickey Kaplan Hall, is the ultimate place to see and be seen in downtown Cincinnati. Street-level glass walls provide urban ambiance against the backdrop of a vibrant cityscape. The impressive columns offer adjustable lighting to match your aesthetic. This unique space offers surprising versatility, from wedding ceremonies to dance floors to sit down dinners to large corporate programs. The hall can accommodate 210 seated guests or up to 350 for cocktails. Whether a life milestone or corporate celebration, this iconic hall is the perfect background to a day you'll never forget.
Whether you are organizing a new product launch, an elegant awards banquet, or an exclusive film premiere or dance party, the Black Box Performance Theatre’s high ceiling, large projection screen, and lighting sound and video systems provide you a blank canvas to make uniquely yours. The Ronnie Sassoon and Vidal Sassoon Foundation and P&G Fund Lobbies make a great spot for a pre-show cocktail party or lounge area. Theatre seating accommodates 150 and more than 200 can dance the night away in the Black Box turned disco!
The 6th floor of the CAC was renovated in 2022 into the Creativity Center, a vibrant space for community art exploration. This floor features several unique features, including:
- The Commons, a flexible gathering space featuring incredible views of Downtown Cincinnati.
- A Quiet Room, for nursing or sensory rejuvenation
- Stunning views of interior of the iconic Zaha Hadid building
- Audio and visual capabilities for performances, presentations, or background music
This space works well as its own reception venue, a Bridal Suite for a ceremony occurring elsewhere in the building, a meeting space for community events, and more.
This classic and up-to-date boardroom is the ideal space for intimate roundtable discussions, creative off-site sessions, recognition dinners or even Sunday brunch. An adjacent urban terrace affords a striking vista of downtown’s restaurant row and thriving arts and entertainment district—the CAC’s best ‘room with a view’.
For more information or to rent this space, please call 513-345-8415 or email us.