We believe that art and creativity are universal experiences with the power to illuminate the challenges we need to address as citizens and societies to create a more equitable world.
Driven by art, creators and other cultural thought leaders who engage with powerful questions of our time we provoke new perspectives and alternative points of view. Through our innovative and inclusive slate of programs, exhibitions, and services the CAC provides opportunities for encounters with trailblazing artists both local and global, and with one’s own creative potential.
The CAC is a progressive organization from the inside out and inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility are its core values. Embedded in the fabric of our community, and committed to lifelong learning, the CAC serves as an integral space where people can reflect, create, collaborate, and connect around a more inclusive and sustainable culture of tomorrow.
The Contemporary Arts Center brings art and the creative process to all people through exhibitions, performances, and experiences that open minds.
The CAC will champion open minds and foster an inclusive culture by using contemporary art and mutual learning as vehicles for connecting people, cultivating creativity, and catalyzing curiosity.
- Art has the power to create change by engaging with the issues of our time.
- We must be a civic and community hub for open conversation and artistic expression.
- Embracing diverse perspectives benefits everyone.
- As a non-collecting institution, we must evolve and take risks.
- Supporting artists and making them accessible to our communities drives empathy, creativity, and critical thinking.