Tomorrow is shaped by those who choose to act.
The Contemporary Arts Center (CAC) envisions a future increasingly influenced by women – in the field of contemporary art and the world at large. It is with great pride that we introduce THE WOMXN, an exclusive Collective filled with the most diverse and fearlessly bold women to accelerate female artists poised on the precipice of superstardom.
The CAC owes its very existence to three extraordinary women. In 1939, Betty Pollak Rauh, Peggy Frank Crawford and Rita Rentschler Cushman came together to address the crucial need in Cincinnati for a source of contemporary art and ideas, which has by now endured for 78 years. Led for the past decade by Director Raphaela Platow, we cherish and honor our legacy of highlighting the female voice of the avant-garde. Today, just as we have throughout all of our long history, the CAC presents the most significant female artists, performers and creative thought-leaders of our time. It is our distinct pride to call Zaha Hadid’s Lois & Richard Rosenthal Center for Contemporary Art, the first museum in North America designed by a woman, our home.
Building on this legacy, THE WOMXN will be the voice for women seeking to make a statement in our communities through visual art and performances. This is an opportunity to be a part of a Collective, which will be devoted to building support and funding for the best, most critically inspiring women working within contemporary art and culture. Your membership is essential as we work together to advance the causes and ideas of tomorrow’s most innovative female artists.
Membership to THE WOMXN will generate funding for exhibitions and performances of contemporary female artists at the CAC. In our effort to advance the cause of working female artists, your support will accelerate their mark on the world.
Past exhibits supported by The WOMXN
- Tania Candiani, Sounding Labor, Silent Bodies July 2020 – January 2021
- Saya Woolfalk, A Cabinet of Anticipation July - October 2019 (29,000 visitors)
- Firelei Báez, To See Beyond May – August 2018 (26,000 visitors)
The CAC will host special events and programs organized exclusively for The WOMXN. Throughout this programming, the focus will be on women in the arts, from working artists to collectors and museum professionals. But we will also focus on YOU by offering exciting opportunities to connect with other bold women and allow your own creativity to thrive.
Benefits Exclusively for THE WOMXN:
- An opportunity to network and socialize in the most creative and contemporary venue in Cincinnati with other prodigious women and the CAC Director and Chief Curator.
- Learn about contemporary women artists and performers, and the influences that affect their work
- Attend artist talks with our female exhibition and performance artists
- Be invited to behind-the-scenes tours of CAC exhibitions and performances
- View private collections in homes/studios throughout Cincinnati
- Be recognized on all The Womxn printed materials and social media, verbally and in the building
- Attend a Creative Leadership workshop created by The Miami University Center for Creativity & Innovation in the Institute of Entrepreneurship exclusively for The Womxn. This workshop combines social entrepreneurship, empathy and ideation to build creative thinking and leadership skills
Director's Circle Benefits also included for THE WOMXN:
- Exclusive Director’s Circle social events
- Discounted valet parking (during the week)
- Exhibition preview opening receptions with artists, curators, trustees and the CAC Director
- Complimentary valet parking for select events
- Invitations to members-only Artist Talks with priority seating for Artist Talks
- 10% discount at the CAC Store
- 2 Tickets to a Black Box performance of your choice; discounts to all other CAC Black Box performances
- Discounts to select CAC public programs
- Free admission to Thursday Art Play
- Free admission to select family programs
- Complimentary CAC-published catalogue for select exhibitions
- Reciprocity with 15 Ohio arts institutions
- Reciprocity with a network of 850 museums in North America
- One free weekday rental of Weston Board Room & Terrace or Member’s Lounge*
If interested in joining The WOMXN, please contact Corporate and Advanced Giving Director Jay Kalagayan for more information.