Tomorrow is shaped by those who choose to act.
In the spirit of CAC’s three women founders – Betty Pollak Rauh, Peggy Frank Crawford, and Rita Rentschler Cushman – The Womxn was introduced to accelerate fearlessly bold women artists.
Join The Womxn to make a statement in our communities through visual art and performances by supporting exhibitions and performances of contemporary women artists that will advance their careers and accelerate their mark on the world.
- Opportunities to network and socialize in the most creative and contemporary venue in Cincinnati with other prodigious women, through special events and engagements with artists, and top arts and cultural leaders, including some of CAC’s own women leaders
- Learn about contemporary women artists and the influences that affect their work
- Invitations to behind-the-scenes tours of CAC exhibitions and performances
- View private collections and/or explore artists’ studios throughout Cincinnati
- Opportunity to serve on CAC Committees to grow your volunteer leadership experience and expand your professional network
Contemporary Benefits also included for The Womxn
- Membership benefits to select museums in Ohio through the Ohio Museum Reciprocal Membership Program, contemporary art institutions through the Modern and Contemporary Reciprocal Program, and across North America through the North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) Association® and the Reciprocal Organization of Associated Museums (ROAM)
- Invitations to member-only exhibition previews and select events (up to 4/year)
- 10% off at the CAC Shop and Café
- 20% off gift memberships
- 50% off select programs, lectures, and workshops
- Priority access to select museum events
- Free admission to select family programs
- Recognition in the Annual Report
- Consultation with CAC’s Curator at our annual Consult-a-Curator event
- Invitation to national travel opportunities with the Executive Director to art fairs like EXPO Chicago and Art Basel Miami Beach
If interested in joining The Womxn, please contact the Development Department.
Past exhibits supported by The WOMXN
- Tania Candiani, Sounding Labor, Silent Bodies July 2020 – January 2021
- Saya Woolfalk, A Cabinet of Anticipation July - October 2019 (29,000 visitors)
- Firelei Báez, To See Beyond May – August 2018 (26,000 visitors)
The CAC will host special events and programs organized exclusively for The WOMXN. Throughout this programming, the focus will be on women in the arts, from working artists to collectors and museum professionals. But we will also focus on YOU by offering exciting opportunities to connect with other bold women and allow your own creativity to thrive.