The Contemporary Young Adults (C-YA) program at the CAC provides a yearlong, arts focused experience to a select group of students. This program welcomes teens to explore, create and discuss contemporary art through hands on workshops, gallery tours and a large, student planned event for other teens in the community.
Accepted applicants meet regularly once a month. Each meeting will include two parts: a private workshop with a local artist and a student led planning committee focusing on promoting teen involvement at the CAC. Dinner will be provided at all monthly meetings.
Applicants must be enrolled in high school, or home-schooled and between the ages of 14-18 years old.
C-YA applications are closed for this school year and will reopen in the Spring. Follow us on Instagram to see more details when we announce them!
Contemporary Young Adults Benefits:
- Overnight trips to explore museums and universities in another city
- Discounted tickets to CAC performances
- Free Admission to exhibitions and openings
- Monthly private art workshops
- Behind the scenes CAC tours
- Museum/Art work experience for your resume
Contemporary Young Adults Responsibilities:
- Attend monthly workshops and teen council meetings
- Promote the CAC to other students in the community
- Plan a CAC sponsored event for teens
- Contribute 5 volunteer hours on the CAC's behalf
- Contribute posts to the Contemporary Young Adults blog
The CAC's Teen Programs are made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services, Award Number MA-249792-OMS-21