Trained docents guide interactive tours of CAC exhibitions for groups of all sizes. Utilizing thought provoking questions, the docents provide a well-informed, thoughtful and often playful, introduction to contemporary art. Whether a school group, civic group or like-minded friends, the CAC would love to introduce you to the work of the most exciting artists of our time.
To schedule a tour, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page at least 3 weeks prior to your desired tour date.
Experts are available for private guided tours of the Contemporary Arts Center. These tours focus on the architecture and/or exhibitions, and must be scheduled at least three weeks in advance. The fee for these tours is $6.50 per person. Reduced rates apply for college groups ($4.50) and non-profit organizations. For more information or to schedule a tour, contact us at 513 345 8419 or via email.
If you are interested in scheduling a self-guided tour please contact us at 513 345 8419 or via email two weeks prior to your preferred date.
* Please be sure to share all guidelines and procedures with any chaperones that will be attending. There must be a chaperone for every 5 students under the age of 18.
* Upon arrival please check in with a Visitor Experience staff member at the front desk. Tell them the number of students and adults in your group.
* No backpacks, coats or lunches are permitted in the galleries, but personal belongings may be stored in the large bins or lockers we have available. Instructors may keep any emergency bags and purses with them.
* Currently photography is permitted in all areas of the museum. The CAC encourages you to post photos to various social media sites using @CincyCAC and #CincyCAC.
* Pens are not permitted in the gallery spaces. Pencils are available for use at the front desk.
* Walk throughout all galleries - no running, climbing, or roughhousing. If visiting with students under 18 please provide guidance and supervision.
Two great tours in one hour! CAC docents lead a weekly free tour on Saturdays at 1PM, beginning at the 21c Museum Hotel, next door. Learn about the art in both locations, then enjoy free admission to the CAC.
Trained docents guide interactive tours of CAC exhibitions for school groups. Utilizing thought provoking questions, connections to art, science, social studies, math and music curricula, the docents provide a playful, multi-sensory introduction to contemporary art. Some themes include the senses, recycling, prediction, problem solving, personification, contemporary technology, and teamwork.
The UnMuseum® is the interactive gallery and learning space on the 6th floor of the CAC. While the UnMuseum is enjoyed by visitors of all ages, docent led tours are recommended for grades K-8.
The one-hour tours can accommodate up to 50 children. An additional 30 minute hands-on art project in the UnMuseum's A-Z Art Lab is available upon request. Tours can focus on specific exhibitions or architecture, or a general overview of the building and exhibitions.
This program invites local, regional and future teachers to learn more about the connections that can be made between contemporary art and traditional curriculum. During each workshop you will explore the exhibitions with our Education staff, participate in hands-on activities and take home lesson plans and other tools for classroom use. This popular program is great for networking and teacher training, development and continuing education as participants can earn CEUs. Bonus: each workshop includes delicious snacks and refreshments! Click here for more details.
The Scripps Schools Programs
The Scripps Schools Program (SSP) provides an intensive multi-layered experience with contemporary art for students in second grade through twelfth grade. Beginning in September and ending in May, the year-long program comprises an in-school orientation, guided visits to two CAC exhibitions, an exhibition related classroom project taught by a local artist, and a visit to an artist’s studio in the spring. Schools also have the option to include an evaluation and program wrap up session.
Docents for the Scripps Schools Program work with the same class throughout the year, ensuring continuity and promoting student rapport. Some docents have worked with the same schools and teachers for many years running. The docent works directly with the teacher to schedule the year’s visits.
Information: 513 345 8419 or email.